What you Need to Know About 1800 Drayton Catering & Events
HOW TO BOOK
1. Confirm the date is available with one of our event specialists
2. A deposit is required to secure the date and is non-refundable, but applied to the final bill. The deposit is $500 for all events.
3. Meet with your event specialist, discuss menus, décor, beverage service and any special needs.
4. Your event specialist will draw a contract up with estimated costs. This can always be adjusted based on changed needs, new details that arise, and any new ideas. All changes must be finalized 7 days before the event.
5. Payment schedule – 50% of the outstanding balance is due 90 days prior to the event. 50% of the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the event (bringing the total paid to 75%). The balance is due 10 days prior to the event. *Note: final guest counts are due 72 hours prior.
6. A credit card is required to be on file before the event for any last minute charges (bar overages, menu overages or equipment needs). These charges will not be posted until they are approved by the card holder.
7. If for some reason the final bill is less than the estimated charges, a credit will be issued on the next business day following your event.
8. Enjoy your event!
Additional Fees & Pricing Concerns
Eighteen Hundred Draytong Catering & Events reserves the right to alter pricing based on market fluctuations on any event agreement contracted more than 90 days in advance of the event. Final estimate will be created 90 days prior to event date. The estimated bill payment will need to be received in full no later than 7 days before the event. If payment of event is not made, we will use the credit card number that is on file, unless otherwise requested. Payments can be made via cash, credit card, check, or any billing account set up with our accounting office (if applicable).
There will be a 20% service charge on all food and beverage. Any equipment rentals, delivery fees, attendant fees and miscellaneous fees are not subject to this charge but will be conveyed on the final bill. Drop-Offs are subject to Delivery Fees Only.
Spartanburg County, SC requires a 7% sales tax and 2% hospitality tax be charged on all fees, for a total of 8% as well as an additional 5% on all liquor purchases.
Some Fine Print:
The room rental fee pays for the exclusive use of the room for your event for a four-hour time period. There are additional room fee charges if the event lasts longer than four hours. The room is made available to you and your agent two hours prior to the event start time and for one hour after. Longer events may be accommodated (Possibly for a fee).
We have to bring in equipment for all offsite events. Our basic charge of $10/person covers *standard chairs (up to 200lbs), tables, buffet equipment, china, glassware, flatware and all of the service items. We can upgrade any of the accessories for an additional charge. *ask about upgrading your chair selections
Eighteen Hundred Drayton Catering and Events is the exclusive caterer for all of Drayton facilities and events.
Our Event Specialists and Executive Chef are happy to customize any of our menus to create an experience that is personal to you.
For any seated dinners over 30 guests, entrees must be pre-ordered along with assigned seating and place cards.
You may use any decorations you wish except for confetti. Affixing any decorations is also prohibited. We do not allow anything that is harmful to the environment, may damage the property or be difficult to clean. Therefore, sparklers are okay, though we do not allow rice, wish lanterns, or silly string.
We do not recommend bringing in your own rentals. Our specialists will make arrangements with our vendors and be accountable for their delivery, set up and safe return to the rental agency. However, if you insist on your own rental company, arrangements can be made. Delivery of all items needs to be coordinated with your event specialist and must be removed immediately following. You must also have a representative here to receive said items and oversee delivery and pickup.
Tables are typically in place and covered 2 hours prior to start time.
We offer a complimentary tasting for 4 people for wedding receptions exceeding 75 guests. They are scheduled within 8 weeks of the event to assure that seasonal offerings are fresh and consistent with what we have available for the actual event. All tastings can be scheduled Monday through Thursday from 11:30 – 2:30 PM.
Rehearsal space is not included in your room rental, however, we will make space available if it is unoccupied. You may reserve the space for our normal full rental fee.
Eighteen Hundred Drayton does not act as wedding director. However, through our preferred vendors, we can arrange a coordinator for you and bill you through your already existing contract with us. We do recommend hiring a day of coordinator for large parties.
We will be happy to arrange security for your event. The hourly rate is $30 per security officer. Eighteen Hundred Drayton Catering & Events reserves the right to assign security to your event and to bill you for security charges.
Security is required for all events where alcohol will be served.
Once a reservation is secured with a deposit, all following funds paid are non-refundable.
The final guest count is due 7 business days prior to the event along with the final payment. This count will reflect your final estimated bill. If your guest expectancy decreases, your charges will be based upon the guaranteed number. If your guest count should increase, there will be additional charges that apply and will be due upon the end of the event.